(Assistant information Officer needed immediately to shadow and take over as Information Officer in September 2019)
Goal of Position: The Information Officer is responsible for managing the communication from the league to its members, potential members, and the community. The Information Officer works with other Board Members to establish priorities and talking points. The Officer drafts e-mail and website messages and publishes these through the FCKLL website. The Officer also manages the league’s social media channels, which include Facebook and Twitter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepare and manage marketing for FCKLL via e-mail blasts, social media, web postings, and other means.
Work with the Web Master to keep the website current and well organized.
Plan ahead for communications needs and communicate deadlines to relevant parties and board members.
Receive information from other Board Members and develop this into communications for parents, coaches, and the public. Messages may focus on:
- Upcoming events and deadlines.
- Sponsorships opportunities and special deals for our league from sponsors.
- Little league rules, levels of play, age ranges, safety procedures, etc. that league parents and potential parents should know.
Approximate Time Commitment:
10 hours per month during peak months (in season and leading up to a season)
Worksite: At home and at Board meetings.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess good overall communication skills, including writing and proofreading.
- Be comfortable posting to social media and representing an organization online.
- Be organized.
- Pass a background check.
- Communicate well with other FCKLL officers, Board members, and Regular Members.
- Have an interest in youth sports, but children currently playing in FCKLL are not required.
- Be able to attend Board meetings once per month.
FCKLL Board of Directors, League President, and Regular Members
to learn more!
Note: The current Information Officer will work with his successor (Assistant Information Officer) to ensure a smooth transition between now and September 2019.